In todays economy you may not always be able to fully staff your internal audit team or be able to keep them up to date with the relevant skills required.
Devon Audit Partnership brings a number of benefits to customers, it is a local service with senior management and staffing support available on site for customers. There is also access to a wider resource pool and specialist skills to enable greater resilience and a more effective service in the following ways:
- Economies of scale – combined and shared resources leading to minimised costs.
- Flexibility of resources – a broad span of assurance needs met rapidly and effectively through a pool of professionally qualified and experienced staff at all levels.
- Risk of vacancies better managed.
- Specialism, and experience across the public and not for profit sectors – allows quality service provision from a thorough understanding of local government culture and organisational complexities, processes and systems.
- Experience and expertise in delivering ‘value added’ work.
- Professional standards – we maintain a challenging and focused approach to raising quality in accordance with CIPFA, CIIA and IRM standards.
- Local presence – to support customers and respond to changing circumstances and key issues in a timely manner.
- The opportunity to share operational knowledge and best practice.
- Access to a larger pool of specialist knowledge such as computer audit, procurement audit, partnerships, project management, risk management, corporate governance, fraud and irregularity investigations, housing benefits, Counter Fraud and Risk Management.
- Keeping unproductive time and travel costs to a minimum.
- Applying common technology and methodology – using the web based audit management software tool Morgan Kai Insight.
- Opportunity for partnering.
- Competitive cost per audit day.
How to partner with DAP
We welcome all enquiries to enter partnership arrangements and are interested in your needs and proposals for engagement. We can work with you in a variety of ways, either short or long term contracts, individual assignments, specialist support and investigations such as forensics. We are flexible in supporting our customers; to discuss your needs please contact: Robert Hutchins – Head of Audit Partnership or telephone any of our offices: Exeter 01392 383000, Plymouth 01752 306710 or Torquay 01803 207320.