Our most valuable asset is the staff that deliver exceptional service to our partners and customers. We are proud to create opportunities for progression for existing staff, to offer apprenticeships to individuals wishing to start a career in auditing, risk management and counter fraud work, to promote and embrace equality and diversity in our workforce, facilitate flexible working and provide development and training opportunities for all.
As an employer in Local Government audit, risk management and counter fraud, the DAP Partnership arrangement is advantageous to our staff, partners and customers alike, as it enables a large team with the associated collaborative and development opportunities, shared knowledge, maintained areas of specialism and service delivery resilience, alongside the continuation of Local Government employment benefits for all staff.
Our needs change quite quickly – we often receive requests for assistance from our Partners at short notice, usually with a pressing timescale. We are always keen to have the details of staff who may be available to support us through short term and fixed term contract arrangements. Such work is often varied, can be quite challenging (but rewarding!) but is always supported by our management team. If you would be interested in working with us in a flexible way please do get in contact.
Requests for additional work from our Partners may mean that we allocate one of our team of specialists to the short term assignment; this then generates the need cover for planned work that was to be completed – again, if you would be interested in short term of fixed contract work to help with our planned work delivery please do get in touch using the ‘Contact Us’ page or respond directly to specific opportunities posted on this page and on the devonjobs website.
Auditor – Level 1
Salary – Grade E £24,012 – £27,041 per annum
Appointment – Full Time (37hrs) / Part Time / Flexible Hours considered
Job Term – Permanent
Location – DAP partner sites in Devon/Remote working
DBS Check Required – No
Closing date – 10/10/2021
Devon Audit Partnership provides Internal Audit Services to all directorates and units of Devon County Council, Torbay Council, Plymouth City Council, North Devon, Mid Devon, Torridge, South Hams and West Devon Councils as well as external clients. This post supports the Audit Manager(s) in the delivery of a high-quality service to those clients, through the conduct of audits and production of audit reports. We aim to provide an effective and efficient Internal Audit service covering the full range of functions across all of our clients.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out audits with due professional care and in accordance with professional standards and the Devon Audit Partnership Audit manual.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of progression in professional audit developments and current issues.
- Agree audit approach and coverage through discussion with Senior Management, Head Teachers and Unit Managers.
- Recommend and discuss actions to improve working practices and ensure compliance and Council requirements with Senior Management. Governors and Administration staff.
- Assist in the design and update of audit plans, design of audit programmes and overall development of the audit service.
- Implement sections of audit plans as delegated by the post holder’s manager.
- Plan work and the delivery of audits to deadlines making efficient use of staff time and other resources.
- Keep abreast of developments in finance, accounting, auditing, risk management and quality management.
- Assess client working practices and business risks to ensure compliance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and best practice to provide assurance to Senior Management.
Working for Devon Audit Partnership has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 24.5 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
To apply for this role go to www.devonjobs.gov.uk
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Joanne Mccormick, Devon Audit Partnership on 01392 382437