Report a theft or loss

From time to time the Local Authority or its employees will be the victim of a theft; this could be something like cash, stores, equipment and could be items directly owned by the Council, employees, service users or third party organisations.

In all instances it is important that key actions are taken that can help secure the site, prevent further re-occurrence and aid in the identification of the perpetrators. Please notify us of any such incident using the appropriate form.

Links to the two forms are in the list to the right and below.


General Theft or Loss Report

Theft or Loss Report for IT Equipment


Remember that thefts should be reported to the Police.

Losses of Council funds and equipment should also be reported using the Theft or Loss Report forms.